With so many advancements in restorative dentistry each year, there are a number of different solutions for missing and decaying teeth available. Of these options, dental implants, dentures, partial dentures, and fixed bridges are among the most popular tooth replacement options available. However, the similarities stop there. In recent years, dental implants have become the preferred tooth restoration among dentists worldwide thanks to the wealth of advantages they offer over removable dentures and partial bridges. Comparatively, dental implants are the most durable, strongest, and easiest to maintain restoration currently available to complete your gorgeous smile.
Are Dental Implants Better than Dentures?
Thanks to their unique design and placement process, dental implants offer better immediate and long-term benefits to patients than removable restorations like dentures or partials. These advantages include:
- Prevent Bone Deterioration: Rather than sitting on top of the gums like dentures, dental implants are directly placed in the jaw, stimulating bone regeration. This prevents further and future bone deterioration, receding gums, and shifting teeth.
- Easy to Maintain: Dental implants are easy to maintain and never need to be removed. A daily oral hygiene routine and regular dental check-ups are often enough to protect your smile investment. As dentures are highly porous, even daily cleaning can’t prevent them from harboring bacteria and becoming a potential health issue.
- Permanent Prosthetic: When removable dentures become loose, patients can experience pain when biting/chewing, gum irritation, and more. In contrast, dental implants are surgically inserted into your smile, making them a permanent part of your dental landscape. Crowns and restorations only need to be replaced in case of an emergency.
- Biocompatible Design & Materials: Dental implants are specifically designed to look just like your natural teeth. The permanent replacement teeth you will receive during the treatment will be closely matched to the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth, which makes them very nearly indistinguishable.
- Non-Restrictive: While denture wearers are often restricted in their choice of food, patients with dental implants are able to enjoy any foods they want immediately following recover, all without the worry of their prosthetic coming out mid-meal.
Find the Best Treatment for Your Smile – Call Dr. Albers Today!
Dental implants are the preferred treatment solution to missing and decaying teeth because of their distinct advantage over conventional treatments. Dental implants provide a natural-looking and permanent tooth-restoration treatment solution that will restore your beautiful smile. The friendly staff at Harry Albers DDS Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is always here to answer any questions or concerns you may have about dental implants. If you live in the Santa Rosa, CA area and are suffering missing or severely decayed teeth then contact us today to schedule your no-obligation consultation!